Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mindful


At my job I spend a majority of my time with a view of the port of Corpus Christi.  There's water, boats, dirt, rocks, the horizon, trees, barges and refineries.  I was telling my friend Becky Meyers Sunday when I look around I'm brought back to Psalms 8:4 "What are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them."  A few years back Christian musician Rich Mullins penned a song called Here in America and the chorus says this.  "And if you listen to my songs I hope you hear the water falling.  I hope you feel the oceans crashing on the shores of north New England I wish I could be there just to see them, two summers past I was and the Holy King of Israel loves me here in America."  Becky told me she had been at a bonfire and being there at the beach focused her thoughts on God.  Go outside this week and slow down and see "The heavens proclaim the glory of God the skies display His Craftsmanship."  
Read Psalms 8 it is awesome

I had songs picked out for this and God added 2 more to it on Friday

so the first 4 I originally picked. 




No comments:

Post a Comment