Sunday, January 31, 2016

Again God provides

In December 2015 I met my dad at the Volkswagen dealership in Corpus and because of the 2013 Jetta recall they did a settlement for Jetta owners.  We got a $500.00 visa and a $500.00 service card for service.  Well this week on Tuesday night it hit 9 pm and I was talking to my co-worker Phillip Hall.  I went to my car to leave and it wouldn't start.  So after trying multiple people we finally got another officer to come give me a jump start.  So Wednesday morning I got up early to go have the car looked at.  Again it won't start!  But hey it got me home last night.  I call my dad and he tells me how to get roadside assistance from USAA my insurance company.  My dad had told me a battery charger probably wouldn't work at this point.  But i had one. We have a saying in my family from my great great great grandmother that applies here.    "Convince a Gentry against his will; He's of the same opinion still."  So while I was waiting on the Roadside assistance people I left it on the battery charger. Car starts 2 minutes before the guy gets to my driveway.  He jump starts it.   So I go to Volkswagen.  Now mind you i had to be at work at 1pm this is around 10am now.  I'm racing the clock not even sure I'm going to be able to get to work.  My dad had already told me if they take too long at the Dealership I'm to walk down to my grandma's pick up her old car and take it to work.  for those of you who live in Corpus use google maps here this requires me walking from Roddfield to Peterson drive.  I can do it I'm in good enough shape and knowing me i would have run just because I could.  So I get the battery fixed and new air filters and lunch all before work.  My car Blue Blazes owes me a workout I missed during all this but hey I'm glad I didn't have to push the car.  The Incredible Hulk I am not and like Clint Eastwood said "Man's got to know his limitations".  As I was getting the car fixed I thought a lot about those gift cards, a song and one of the names of God.  In Genesis 22:14 Abraham uses the name Jehovah Jireh which translates to The Lord will provide.  There's a song by Big Tent Revival called 2 sets of Joneses about 2 married couples in the starting line up of life.  and a phrase from it has resonated with me.  "And again God provides for bills they've incurred.  At Volkswagen I had a bill of $213.20 I paid nothing because of the service gift card.  I shared that with both my Dad and Marion.  Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."  God supplied for mine and Marion's needs not a want there's a difference.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment