Sunday, January 24, 2016

According to His purpose

I've had a varied work history.  I've picked up paint chips off the ground, been a Pizza Hut waiter, worked at a video store, done customer service over the phone.  Now I'm a security guard.  Had a strange education history too.  From 4th grade on I was home-schooled.  When Dad would go on transfer with the phone company we would go with him.  In college I wanted to be an x-ray tech but I got queasy around dissecting a cat and can't stand blood.   I majored in computer information.  At one time I even wanted to be a Christian counselor for teens and I took classes on the ministry of the pastor.  Most don't know this but I'm a preacher's kid.  By now you're probably asking "Zac why are you telling us all this?"  Four days into my job and its a slow windy day so I stood looking at the water and began asking God what he wanted to show me here.  I've done bad and good jobs.  I've learned weird skills.  At the age of 16 I surrendered my life to God.  I've had heartache and hurt, good and bad but all that's happened in life God has used all I've learned.  Like the Christian counselor desire is met by having one of the teens from Real Life as someone who reads the the blog.  Hi Quentin.  Ministry of the pastor that skill is being put to use in an online bible study.  Hey Dad my education wasn't wasted.  The computer information Degree is being used by the very act of doing this online.  I want to show you something about trusting God.  As I watch the seagulls and ducks and the water today I kept coming back to this line by Steven Curtis Chapman in the song His Eyes.  "But He who spoke peace to the water cares more for our hearts than the waves."  See Romans 8:28 says this "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."  See God's not done with you and me by a long shot.  Philippians 1:6 "And I am certain that God who began the good work, within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  See before and after I started my new job some things took place.  I was interviewed by a friend.  When offered the shift I chose Mon-Fri 1-9 it paid less but i made my choice because I could go to church with Marion and put God first.  I worked at a job for 13 yrs that made it very hard to find joy in and did not work with church attendance.  I had an adviser from Mullins International assigned to me by my former job who was helping me in my job search.  Miss Albrecht understood my personality and desire to help others.  Becoming a guard fills that desire in my heart.  She and Pastor Greg both told me because I chose a schedule to allow me to be at church that God would honor that.  In four days I have learned none of the guards want this shift.  They aren't content.  I have found it to be a blessing.  I'm working at a laid back fun job.  All the long shifts at a call center prepared me for just observing, reporting, and verifying.  Like the WWE announcers always say "This is right up in his wheelhouse."  I'm going to throw some verses at you to look up.  Romans 10:11 "Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame."  Psalms 25:3 and Isaiah 49:23 both echo this.  Trust God he's not done with you.  





This next song is here for a specific reason see in the song it says  "I remember Oh God you're not done with me yet."  He's not done with us and that thought brings tears to my eyes.  Big Daddy Weave - Redeemed with lyrics





This is Philippians 1:6 turned into a song.  STEVE GREEN - HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU with LYRICS

No comments:

Post a Comment