Sunday, February 21, 2016

Welcomed by Royalty

This is my second post from 5 minutes with Jesus by Sheila Walsh but before I get to it I wanted to say something to all of you who read this.  I have been told by my Dad and others that the blog is shared via e-mail to people they think it will benefit.  Go for it!  You have my permission.  


On with the post.

I had practiced my curtsy for weeks, and I knew not to speak unless I was spoken to.  
I'd been preparing to host a gala evening at the Royal Albert Hall in London, which Her Royal Highness Princess Anne would be attending.  At the conclusion of the evening, those of us who had performed would be introduced to her, and I'd had the rules made very clear to me.
"Remember, the first time she addresses you, you must call her, Your Royal Highness."  my palace coach began.  "After that, you simply address her as Ma'am.  Are we clear?"  
We were clear!
The event went seamlessly until the receiving line.  I was second in line, and my heart was racing.  Princess Anne looked beautiful in a full-length green taffeta ball gown and dazzling emerald and diamond earrings.  As she got closer, my mind went blank.  Totally blank
Do I call her "Your majesty"?  No, that's for the Queen!  I was in a total panic.
Suddenly Princess Anne was standing right in front of me, extending her lily white hand.  I blurted out the only English word I apparently still knew: "Hello!"  
Over her shoulder I saw my palace instructor take a deep breath.  
That's it!  I'm going to be thrown in the Tower of London. I thought.
But Princess Anne squeezed my hand and replied, "Hello to you too!"  
Such grace.  As thrilled as I was to meet a member of the royal family, it pales in comparison to what you and I are invited to do every moment of our lives.  We have the privilege of entering the very throne room of Almighty God.  Read that sentence again, because this truth may have become too familiar: We have the privilege of entering the very throne room of Almighty God.  May our hearts beat a bit faster as we accept the invitation extended to us in Hebrews:  "Let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."  (4:16).  Jesus will graciously and lovingly accept us, tongue-tied or not!

Live everyday knowing that you are a beloved child of the King of Kings, always welcome to enter into his presence!

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours.  Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.  1 Chronicles 29:11

All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord, for they have heard the words of your mouth, and they shall sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord.  Psalms 138:4-5

Be exalted, Lord, in your strength: we will sing and praise your might.  Psalm 21:13

God has highly exalted [Jesus] and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:9-11   

No comments:

Post a Comment