Monday, February 8, 2016

Understanding King David

The third thing i wanted to share with you all is actually an e-mail I sent to Pastor Greg on this past Saturday.  I was at work doing extra time and it was so slow I started reading a familiar passage in the bible and even though i had heard lots of sermons on it this was the first time it made sense to me.  


Greg you have on more than one occasion told me that I understand King David in a way others don't.  I was just reading 2 Samuel 13 and in verses 1-6 God has sent Nathan to confront David about his sin with Bathsheba and he tells David this story about a man with one sheep and a rich man with many.  I've read this many times but it clicked in my head tonight why God used that story and it made David as the New Living Translation put it "furious".  It's because David was a shepherd as a boy.  It suddenly made sense to me that God met David on a level he understand and he knew it would make him react.  I'm blown away by that.  So many times God uses things I relate to to get my attention.  Now after reading this I'm just going "hey David this is a wake up call."  
Zac 


 Within about an hour he sent me this response which to me was incredibly cool because I knew he was in Israel but the timing and topic of my e-mail was just unbelievable.  Check out his reply 

Thanks Zac. That is awesome. I believe this very day I will see the Tower that King David first saw Bathsheba as I am in Israel with Micah and a group. That's so cool  

No comments:

Post a Comment