Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bad Decisions

I'm changing the day i update the blog and e-mail as my days off work have changed and I don't always have time to type on other days.

anywho on with the Bible study.  


There's a thing that showed up on face book a few weeks ago that my dad has really latched onto.  "Sometimes the reason your life is so bad boils down to the fact that you're stupid and make bad decisions."  I found this reflected in scripture recently.  Check out what Proverbs 19:3 says in the New Living Translation because it's so incredibly blunt and to the point.  "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord."  We actually have the audacity to blame God when we ruin our own lives through stupid choices.  Take alcohol for instance.  Look at all the ill effects: vomiting, hangover, violence, depression, the risks of drunk driving.  How about sex outside of marriage?  What are the consequences um std's, pregnancy, heartache.  Then when our lives get ruined we have the nerve to blame God.  
Check out Proverbs 21:30 "No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the Lord."  Hmm maybe something else as far as good ideas are needed here.  Let's look at something else.  Matthew 7:24-27 will help.  "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise like a person who builds a house on solid rock.  Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock.  But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand.  When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash."  I've got two more good examples of bad examples for you.  Luke 12:16-21 Then he told them a story.  "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops.  He said to himself, "What should I do?  I don't have room for all my crops!"  Then he said "I know!  I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have enough room to store all my wheat and other goods.  And I'll sit back and say to myself my friend you have enough stored away for years to come.  Now take it easy!  Eat, drink and be merry."  But God said to him, "You fool!  You will die this very night.  Then who will get everything you worked for?"  Yes a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.  See that last sentence it's deep pay attention because it's the key to this whole thing.  Check out James 4:13-17  Look here you who say "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and we will stay there a year.  we will do business there and make a profit."  How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow?  Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone.  What you ought to say is "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."  Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.  Remember it is sin to know what you should do and then not do it. "  Want to stop being stupid and making bad decisions?  Seek a rich relationship with God.




Adonai/ Back to the Rock/ Too big to fail by Classic Petra Classic Petra - Adonai / Back to the Rock / Too Big To Fail (Live TBN)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment