Sunday, March 22, 2015

God with us

This took place the night of 3-18-15

There's a concept that sometimes seems to be only though of at Christmas but it's a truth I needed very much today.  On my way to work I was listening to music on my mp3 player and it started my trip with the song Creed by Petra then Surrender by Lincoln Brewster and when I was almost at work it was playing God is with us by Point of Grace.  I didn't realize till later that night there was a reason God had me listen to that last song.  Matthew 1:23 says this about Jesus birth.  "Look! The virgin will conceive a child!  She will give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel which means God is with us."  By my first break at work I as well as my co-workers had been belittled by a team lead.  I walked outside to run like I do on my breaks and let out a deep breath and prayed and thanked God for reminding me that by sending his son God is with us.  Through the rest of my shift I kept dwelling on this promise.  "And when we face the river's roll He holds our hand and won't let go.  Though the night is long and the river's strong Still God is with us.  We can stem the tide reach the other side For God is with us."  I hope you draw comfort in the fact that God is with us.  

I had this whole bible study written up and like God loves to do with me he added more.  i will say this first I am very thankful for a web site called bible hub because i get verses in my head and don't always know where to find it and that site has helped me find many a verse like this one that is so perfect.  Romans 8:31 "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"  Sunday night God had me in tears during the sermon because i was strongly reminded that my struggle with the team lead's behavior was not against flesh and blood but a spiritual war and I had a weapon at my disposal i was neglecting.  that weapon is prayer.  because even though that person was hurting me and others around me this was not something that needed to be handled in the physical realm this person needed someone praying against the actions and behavior.  God can stop it but I can't.  if I got mad it would only escalate a problem.  I had all the music selected for this but like I said God likes to change things around on me.  So there has been added song and here's a link first to the lyrics because you and I have a Secret Weapon.  Petra - Secret Weapon Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

   and Here;s the song Petra - 07 Secret Weapon (Unseen Power)



Now on to the other music that was supposed to be here originally.


God is with us by Point of Grace God is With Us - Point of Grace


Emmanuel God with us by Point of Grace point of grace - emmanuel God with us.wmv


Stronger by Hillsong Stronger Legendado - Hillsong


Light up the sky by the Afters The Afters - Light Up The Sky - Official Video


No comments:

Post a Comment