Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hope will not be disappointed

A few days ago I uncovered some verses I had never quite seen before. They're two chapters apart but I feel there's something Christians need to hear. We live in a world where advertising tries to tell us if we only had this, that or the other or lived like this person we'd be happy. Emphatically God says no to this mentality. Slow down for a second cowboy and listen up. Check out Proverbs 24:1-2 "Don't envy evil people or desire their company. For their hearts plot violence, and their words stir up trouble." Here's the other verses that to me linked so well with this. Proverbs 23:17-18 "Don't envy sinners, but always continue to fear the Lord. You will be rewarded for this: your hope will not be disappointed." I just love that last line. We all want something to put our hope in and God just said if it's in him our hope will not be disappointed. I don't know about you but to me that's powerful and I need that assurance.











No comments:

Post a Comment