Saturday, August 6, 2022

Not Easy

 

Not easy

 

It’s never easy to admit we need help.  Our human pride and stupidity gets in the way.  I was driving to work listening to this older song Shepherd of my Heart by Sandi Patty and I got to thinking about prayer.  The song says, “I’ll trust in you Shepherd of my Heart.”  It brought my mind to this passage, and I honestly had nothing for a blog, but I kept thinking about this.  See to pray we first must admit to God we need help.  

 

1 Peter 5:6-7 

 

“So, humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.  Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

 

We’re simply not good at that humble part.  I have problems and I need help and God is bigger than any problems I face.  

 

Psalm 115:1

 

“Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness.”  

 

 

 

 

 

Humble yourselves by Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart

Not to us O Lord by the Imperials

Shepherd of my heart by Sandi Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment