Thursday, August 25, 2022

Altering the Deal

 

Altering the deal

 

There’s a scene in the Empire Strikes Back where Lando Calrissian and Darth Vader are talking and Vader says, “I have altered the deal, pray I don’t alter it any further.”  To change that thought sometimes we need to instead take our lives to God and strike up a better deal.  Here’s what I mean by that.  

 

Psalm 119: 124-125

 

“I am your servant; deal with me in unfailing love and teach me your decrees.  Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws.”  

 

We need what God wants for our lives and not what we want.  

 

Psalm 123

 

“I lift my eyes to you, O God, enthroned in heaven.  We keep looking to the Lord our God for his mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.  Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy for we have had our fill of contempt.  We have had more than our fill of the scoffing of the proud and the contempt of the arrogant.”

 

We need God’s Grace for our lives.

 

I had been working on this blog and a lot of times I will use scripture along with Christian music.  This week I went solely with scripture.  I will be the first to tell you I am a very flawed person.   I am such a mess if left on my own.  If I point you to anywhere other than the Bible or the Cross of Christ, I have failed you and done you a great disservice.  I could blog about anything on any weird subject, but I choose to do so with a Bible study blog.  I do so with the intention that if just one person draws closer to God then I have accomplished what I set out to do.  

 

 

Let the Kingdom Come by Whiteheart 

When his Kingdom comes by Steve Green

He showed me love by Kenny Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment