Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Made Day

 

Made day

 

 

As some of you know I was homeschooled by my mom from 4th grade on to high school.  We used curriculum from a school called Christian Liberty Academy and they would mail everything for a school year to us.  One of the things my sister and I often had to do was memorize scripture and I’m going to share with you one of the first I remember my mom making us learn.  

 

Psalm 118:24 

 

“This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”  

 

Now at this point someone may say why is this blog worthy.  Well, it’s a special verse to me because I had to learn it as a kid.  Another reason is there was a guy I met over the years named David Moody.  If you ever met Mr. Moody back when he helped at Faith Temple, he had a thing he would do at the college services called the Moody Minute.  I remember this well.  He would give you a short Bible study in a minute or less.  He has been my friend on Facebook for years and he shares scripture a lot.  One day with this one verse he dropped a truth bomb.  When I read it well it made me think.  He broke down the verse piece by piece.  “This is the day that the Lord has made.”  Doesn’t matter if you’re having a good or bad day.  It’s 24 hrs. and God made it and its still reason enough for you and me to “Rejoice and be glad in it.”  We still have breath and life.  God provided it.  Sure, the water bill is still waiting to be paid but it’s still a day that God has made.  Like I said it stopped me and made me think.  Even on the day that you’re about to embark on a colonoscopy it’s still a day that God has made and somehow there’s something you can rejoice about.  I’ve done some horrible jobs in my lifetime and even on my worst days I can still be thankful I’m no longer picking up paint chips off the ground, I no longer make sausage, I’m not and never will be a proctologist, and I don’t have to clean port a potties.  I don’t always get it right but you can be thankful for something.  

 

Philippians 4:4

 

“Always be full of joy in the Lord, I say it again— rejoice!”  

 

So, in the immortal words of Jennifer Love Hewitt “What are you waiting for huh?”  

 

 

Joy of the Lord by Twila Paris

Praise forevermore by Point ofGrace 

Here in America by Rich Mullins 

In a little While by Amy Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment