Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Dependence Math

 

Dependence Math

 

I’ve said many times before “We as humans talk a lot of garbage for people who nearly fall over simply putting on underwear.”  If you don’t believe me next time you get out of the shower, see how good your balance really is.  We depend on God for so much including our breath.  Don’t believe me hold your breath and see how long before you’re gasping for the very air he provides.   Psalm 130 is dependence math, and I just coined that term.  It is a short chapter that breaks down how much we truly depend on God.  I call it dependence math because it brings it all down to the lowest common denominator.  What do you as a person need and why do you need it?  We are sinful creatures we need hope and forgiveness.  It’s as basic as that.  

 

Psalm 130

 

“From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help.  Hear my cry, O Lord.  Pay attention to my prayer.  Lord if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?  But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.  I am counting on the Lord; yes I am counting on Him.  I have put my hope in his word.  I long for the Lord more than the sentries long for the Dawn, yes, more than the sentries long for the Dawn.  O, Israel hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love.  His redemption overflows.  He himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.”

 

Only through the blood of Jesus Christ can we ever be worthy in God’s eyes.  

 

It’s exactly like these two passages from songs by Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns.

 

“We fall down

We lay our crowns

At the feet of Jesus 

The greatness of mercy and love

At the feet of Jesus.

 

And we cry holy, holy, holy 

We cry holy, holy, holy 

Is the Lamb.”

 

“Your mercy saved me 

Mercy made me whole

Your mercy found me

called me as your own.”

 

 

 

 

I need by Sierra 

Mercy by Casting Crowns 

At your feet by Casting Crowns 

We Fall Down by Shelia Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment