Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Who you represent

 

Who you represent

          As some of you know I work both as a security guard and for Favor delivering food and groceries.  Marion has become my Navigator as we deliver stuff. This past week we got to deliver groceries to this lady and normally all deliveries are to be contactless.  Well we got to this lady’s apartment and two things caught my attention as I walked up with my arm’s loaded down with bags.  The first thing was a wheelchair ramp.  Then she opened the door and there was a reason for that ramp.  We’re supposed to leave the groceries on the doorstep and go but if I did she wouldn’t be able to open the screen door to even get them.  She asked me if I was allowed to bring them in for her.  Allowed or not I didn’t care I was going to help her as much as I could, I came in and set down the bags and we talked as I made multiple trips to the car.  There’s a phrase you learn when you work for Favor as well as being a guard and that is “Remember who you represent.”  The Christian group Newsong has this song called We Wear His Name and the chorus says this. 

“We wear His name

The Name above all Names

We wear His name

In a world that’s lost in hopelessness

We are called to be the Light

We Wear His name”

Then I want to direct you to the chorus of the song If We’re His by Lisa Bevill

“If we’re His, truly his

Then his love will flow right through us

To the heart of every need

If we’re his, truly His

We give of ourselves unselfishly.”

See I didn’t have to help the lady but I did.  I mentioned a second thing I noticed and that was an American flag folded into a triangle in a frame and that was something that hit me hard because she had someone in her family that served our country.  I come from a family where I have a dad, two, grandads and an uncle and brother-in-law who all served in the American armed forces.  She knew what it was like to remember who she represented.  The Christian represents the love of Jesus Christ.  I want to end this with two verses and they have a special meaning to me because I had a reading teacher in college and I found out she was a Christian and I took my Bible to her and asked her to sign it and she left these very appropriate verses referenced there. 

Galatians 6:9-10

          “So, Let’s not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.  Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.”

 

 

If we’re His by Lisa Bevill

We Wear his Name by Newsong

Just Reach out by Petra

Through his Eyes by 4Him

  

No comments:

Post a Comment