Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Do you

 

Do You

          In the movie Dirty Harry the character the movie is named after asks pointed questions.  “You’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky punk?’ Well do ya?”  A few days ago I posted a single verse on facebook.  I said nothing more than the verse and where it was found.  The verse itself made me like Dirty Harry, I was asking questions.  Maybe you need to ponder them as well.

Psalm 48:9

          “Within your temple, O God, We meditate on your unfailing love.” 

          I asked questions like “Do I always meditate on God’s unfailing love?  Inside or outside of the church?  Maybe this is something we need to do more of?  The verse is there for a reason. 

Philippians 4:8 says this:

          “Finally, brothers whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

          I think God’s unfailing love would meet all these criteria.  As I worked on this blog I came to a song that is most appropriate called The Wonder of it All by Point of Grace a song about God’s love and still being amazed by it. 

“It’s a natural thing to believe that

Something wonderful never comes easy

Let it Go

There is power in the cross to heal us

There is freedom in the blood that Jesus

Offered to you so freely

Feel the wonder of it all

Let your heart and mind receive

An answer to the call

Feel the wonder of it all, Sweet Jesus

The love of God

The wonder of it all”

Romans 5:8

          “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners Christ died for us.” 

Lamentations 3:21-23

          “Yet I call this to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” 

          Due to Covid a lot of us are watching church services online so maybe we aren’t meeting in buildings like we used to do but we can still meditate on God’s unfailing love when we watch services online and through our daily lives.  The question then is do we? 

 

 

You are my King by Newsboys

The Wonder of it all by Point of Grace

Grace Flows down by Sandi Patty

Resurrecting by Elevation Worship

O, the Blood by Selah

Praise the King by Cindy Morgan

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment