Friday, March 12, 2021

Folded Steel

 

Folded Steel

          What do fishermen, pro wrestlers, musicians, bloggers, and writers all have in common?  A Hook.  I’m about to give you the hook in the form of a question.  See the hook is meant to draw the participant of the blog in and get their attention.  Have you ever seen a Japanese Katanna being made?  For those who just gave me the confused Scooby Doo look it’s a sword.  There’s a movie called Highlander The Final Dimension and actors Mako and Christopher Lambert take the watcher through the art of sword making.  It requires a blacksmith with hammers, metal tongs, intense heat, troughs of water and sheets of metal.  The metal gets hammered, formed, heated, and folded layer by layer to make the sword the right shape, balance and weight.  Our lives, the things we go through, how we react, change learn and grow as a person is much like a sword being fashioned by a master for a purpose.  As you mature into an adult you begin to see patterns of decisions from your youth and how they have shaped you. 

          King David is a good example of this.  Scrawny shepherd boy learned to lead sheep and defend against bears and lions then giants.  Then he became a king and a mighty warrior.  Through his trials and problems, he wrote the Psalms and became a Man after God’s Own Heart.  When I was younger, I had a desire to be a Christian Counselor for teenagers.  I spent time with several youth leaders.  I also took courses on the ministry of the pastor and introduction to the New Testament.  I’m a huge comic book fan.  I even took classes to almost be an x-ray technician.  I have experience in 14 years of call center work and I’m going on my 4th year as a security guard.  I have a hero’s compulsion.  I try to help people and solve problems when I can.  Like a sword; mine and David’s desires and choices have shaped us.  I have a strong desire to help people and it wasn’t till years later that this blog thing would even happen.  If you trust God and seek him, he will find ways to shape you like an artist forming a sword.  I have a friend who is an amazing painter and God uses Jason’s artwork to point others to God.  He teaches Biblical lessons with his paintings. 

Psalm 37:4

          “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” 

          A few years ago I prayed asking God to be glorified in my fictional stories along with the Batcave blog.  I want the things I do and say to please God. 

Matthew 6:33

          “But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.” 

Galatians 2:20

          “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” 

Philippians 1:6

          “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” 

Romans 12:1-2

          “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his pleasing and perfect will.”

          God can use you and shape you if you are willing.  If you participated in this blog and saw only Zac you missed the whole point because I’m simply a person that God is at work on.  He is the important one not me.  You should seek to glorify God in your mortal body and let Him craft you into the person you are supposed to be. 

 

 

 

The hunger stays by Margaret Becker

This is my Passion by Margaret Becker

Seed to Sow by Michael W Smith

He who began a good work by Steve Green

Let the Kingdom come by Whiteheart

Cry the Name by Rich Mullins

Hearts Cry by Steven Curtis Chapman







No comments:

Post a Comment