Saturday, March 20, 2021

Nonsense

 

Nonsense

          I titled this blog nonsense for a reason.  I’ve been going through a lot of stressful stuff lately.  My parents asked me recently.  “Do you still believe God is in Control?”  I do and sometimes you need that reminder too.  Why?  Because we get caught up in the nonsense of this world.  We currently live in a world where people believe in Climate Change.  There is no such thing.  The weather dominator only exists in cartoons we cannot change the weather.  One politician said, “Climate change causes terrorists.”  Texas weather changes about every 5 minutes.  According to him we’d have terrorists everywhere.  We can’t change the weather we don’t have that power as humans.  A lot of times we can barely change the situations we’re in.  What we can do though is shift our focus back on God and trust Him.  We need to remember where God is and who we as Christians serve.  In the prophet Jeremiah’s time he dealt with people caught up in nonsense of idol worship.  Climate change says we know better than God what needs to happen with the weather.  We set ourselves up as a god and that is stupid and doomed to fail.     

Jeremiah 10:11-13

          “Tell them this: ’These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’ 

          But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.  When he thunders the waters in the heavens roar; he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.  He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.” 

 

Genesis 1:1

          “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

          He created it and he’s still on his throne in control and we need to remember that!

I want to conclude with the words of Eddie Degarmo and Dana Key's song Ultimate Ruler 

"Some people are nervous 'bout their place in life,
Running on ego never satisfies,
Some aren't happy 'til they're king of the land
But I don't worry 'cause I'm in God's hand.
Say amen, (amen)
Say amen, (amen)
Amen.
He's the Master, I'm the servant,
He's the King, I'm the subject,
He's the Ultimate Ruler of it all,
He's the Master, I'm the servant,
He's the King, I'm the subject,
He's the Ultimate Ruler of it all.

Some got a problem with a higher force,
They answer to no one, on a selfish course,
That's not for me and the world to say,
God rules today, just like yesterday."

 

 

 

All things new by Steven Curtis Chapman

Evidence of God by Geoff Moore and the Distance

Reminders of you by Geoff Moore and the Distance

I believe by Wes King

Ultimate Ruler by Degarmo and Key

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment