Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Give Back Principle

 

Give Back principle

 

          In the pro wrestling sports entertainment industry, there is a principle of giving back.  For those not familiar let me try to explain.  When a new wrestler is learning the art, they must learn from the older generation of stars.  It is an art because those men and women put their bodies on the line to put on a show for the entertainment of the fans.  Yes, there is a predetermined ending to the match but what they do tells a story in each match and with promos.  What I mean by giving back is this: the older more established wrestler sells what are called bumps and moves to make the younger star look good.  He or she may also give them advice.  It is like a parent teaching a child or a martial artist teaching a fighter who is learning.   One day I won’t be around to do this blog, but I hope that I will have passed onto someone else hope found in God’s word and encourage them to share his word.  Growing up I got to watch as my dad developed into a pastor and he had a few mentors.  I had a few as well and people who encouraged me to start doing this life group as a blog.  See I endeavor to give back to those around me and encourage them.  I have a simple goal.  If just one person draws closer to God and finds hope in him because of something I shared, then I have accomplished what I set out to do.  That is not to say that I, Zac have everything all together because that’s not true at all I’m a mess, but I can encourage people and point them back to God.

Ephesians 5:15-20

          “So be careful how you live.  Don’t live like fools but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.  Don’t act thoughtlessly but understand what the Lord wants you to do.  Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life.  Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.  And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

 

          The believer in Christ is called to encourage others.   

 

 

 

Hebrews 10:23-25

          “Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.  Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.  And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.”

 

If you have a way to help and encourage others I urge you to pursue that.  You may be the one encouraging voice someone needs and God can use you. 

 

 

 

The Flame passes on by Whiteheart

Light a candle by Whiteheart

Heart to God and a Hand to man by GeoffMoore and the Distance

When all is said and Done by Geoff Mooreand the Distance

 

No comments:

Post a Comment