Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Not unnoticed

 

Not unnoticed

          We all have struggles and problems in our lives.  Some of you know I have been without work for a good two months now.  I’ve even learned things about that work situation that have left me more frustrated.  I’ve cried a lot.  I’ve sat on the bed praying just wishing tears would fall down my face and they didn’t.  If you’ve been in these type of situations God sees it.  You can turn to Him!  Jesus cried in the Garden before his crucifixion.  I’ve turned to God a lot during all of this.  I’m not the type of person who wants to just do nothing.  I want to provide for my wife and dog and take care of us, so it frustrates me.  God sees your pain and your tears.  I want to show you something powerful that King David said of God.  I think it’s a promise we all need to see and remember. 

Psalm 56:8

          “You keep track of all my sorrows.  You have collected all my tears in your bottle.  You have recorded each one in your book.” 

          Think about that let it sink in.  Every single tear you have ever shed God knows about them and keeps a record of them.  And yet we still find ourselves struggling to trust Him….. That’s a deep thought! 

          There is good news.  I will be starting a new job soon.  But that’s just my news.  You came to the blog for your own bit of hope.  So how about I leave you with these promises. 

 

 

Psalm 59:16

          “But as for me, I will sing about your power.  Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.  For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.

 

1 Peter 5:8

          “Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

          A few days back I started getting stressed out and Marion and I were talking to my dad on the phone, and he asked a lot of questions about the situation.  Then he said “Aren’t you the one who always talks about there being hope?”  Then he pointed me to these next verses.

Proverbs 3:5-6

          “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

 

I want to conclude with some lyrics from the song Come to Me by Geoff Moore and the Distance because I think we all need them.  Some of you know I pattern the blogs a lot like a pro wrestling promo.  You have your intro, main points you’re trying to get across and then the go home line.  This is about to be your go home line. 

 

             When you feel like an island in a raging storm 

No matter what your fear says

Jesus will never leave you alone

He sees, He hears, and He feels your pain

He will not pass you by

Hear him now as He calls you by name

Come to me 
Come to me 
When you are weary
When you are wandering 
Come to me, come to me 
Cast your cares upon The One 
Whose yoke is easy 
And whose burden is light

 

 

 

 

He by Jars of Clay

Trust in the Lord by Girls of Grace

His Eyes by Steven Curtis Chapman

Come to me By Geoff Moore and the Distance

Sparrows by Cory Asbury

No comments:

Post a Comment