Sunday, August 2, 2020

Open My Eyes

Open my eyes

Years ago there was a commercial where a woman stood outside a store window and said “Open! Open! Open!”  There’s a series of verses I want to show you and I want to bring back an example I used years ago in a blog.  See I’ve read a lot of Forgotten Realms novels and there was a concept in one series called the Wayfinder’s Stone where a character strapped a magical stone to their shoes to help them see in the darkness.  See I know a little bit about needing a guide.  What many of you don’t know is my wife Marion has low vision and is considered legally blind.  On our first date she asked to hold my hand so I could guide her safely.  Been married for 8 years as of a July 28th.  I've been holding her hand and guiding her for a while.  God’s word is like that for the Christian his word is what helps us see and navigate that’s why we must spend time in it.  

Psalm 119:105 
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path..”

We should want to read the Bible!  

Psalm 119:17-20

“Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word.  Open my eyes that I may behold wonderful things from your law.  I am a stranger in the earth; do not hide your commandments from me.  My soul is crushed with longing after your ordinances at all times. “

Do we approach the Bible with longing and a desire for God to open our eyes and show us wonderful things?  Do we want to obey his commands because we should.

Like the scarecrow sang “Oh the thoughts I’d be thinking if I only had a brain.”  Well pay attention because you do have one.  Seek God so he can open your eyes to his wonders found in his word.  


Mine eyes have seen by Whiteheart Going to let the reader's in on a secret.  My hearing aids have a music mode and it focuses on voices and instruments. This song is so much better on music mode to hear the blending of everything. 





No comments:

Post a Comment