Sunday, August 9, 2020

Hidden Gems

 Hidden Gems


Been slowly reading through Psalm 119 the longest chapter in the Bible and it’s also to my knowledge one of the least preached from chapters.  But this chapter is like a mine that holds hidden gems.  This has always been a blog about finding hope in God’s Word.  I want to show you some of that.  

Psalm 119:49-52

“Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope.  This is my comfort in my affliction, that your Word has revived me.  The arrogant utterly deride me, yet I do not turn aside from your law.  I have remembered your ordinances from of old , O Lord, and I comfort myself.”  

Now consider this for a moment because the Psalmist multiple times in that passage references God’s word comforting him and giving him hope.  John 1:1 gives you a whole different perspective on God’s Word.  

John 1:1
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the word was God.”  

Then you get to John 1:14 and find out the Word was Jesus Christ.  So the Psalmist many years before finds hope and comfort in Christ before he even appeared because God’s Word brought to life is Jesus Christ.  

“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”

If you don’t understand that was talking about Jesus you need to see what he himself said.  

John 14:6 
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me.’”

You want hope found in God’s Word well Hope is a person named Jesus and He is the only way to Heaven.

Job 8:13

“So are the paths of all who forget God; and the hope of the godless will perish.”

Hebrews 12:1-2

“Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us , let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  


Romans 15:13

“Now May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment