Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Lord's Delight

 The Lord’s delight

Recently we had this thing at my church home Real Life Corpus Christi where each day we get texts of hope sent to us.  The one sent on Sunday the 23rd of August I truly love.  

Psalm 147:11
“The Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.”

See I don’t know if you have ever had my problem.  Somewhere along the convoluted path of that mess called dating I developed this idea and it was not of God I can admit that.  The idea was this I found it hard to believe a human being could love me much less the God of all creation.  It also made no sense because I had a family that loves me dearly.  You get hurt so much in that time of dating you start believing lies.  One of the biggest lies the devil tries to convince me of is I’m a failure.  I had to find hope in God’s Word and it’s something I try to bring you each week.  I have two life verses that anyone who has ever seen an email from will see it in the signature area.  

Romans 5:8 
“But God demonstrates his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”

The other verse is this

Psalm 18:19
“He brought me forth also into a broad place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.”

Not only do we as humans have a chance to be loved by God by accepting His gift of salvation through Christ Jesus but by following and fearing God he also delights in us.  

Some of you know that my sister and I were homeschooled by our mom and one thing she had us do was memorize scripture.  At 44 years old my mind is not as great as it once was but when I was considering this word Delight I remembered one of those chapters my mom made us learn and it was Psalm chapter 1 and I want to share it because it brings us back to the word Delight and how it pertains to the follower of God.

Psalm 1
“How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law he meditates day and night.  He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does he prospers.  The wicked are not so, but they are like chaff which the wind drives away.  Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.  For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.”

So the verb definition of Delight is to please someone greatly.  The band Petra said it best “I don’t wanna be a man pleaser I wanna be a God Pleaser.”  I want my life to be one God delights in.  You want a worthy goal for your life that’s it right there.  “The chief end of man is to glorify God in your mortal body.”  The disciples were told by religious leaders to stop preaching in the name of Jesus and do you know what their answer was? “We must obey God rather than men.”

“If you think you’re a loser when you fail it seems at everything you do just remember there’s a Savior,  and you are worth enough he gave his life for you.”

So I’m concluding this by throwing down the gauntlet.  Are you living and desiring to have God delight in you or people?   











5 comments:

  1. Zac, that was awesome. Thank you for sharing it with us. I watched the video and wanted to thank you for your heart. It made my morning. Praying that the new job goes well on Saturday. - Wes Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 1 is such a great passage, I get chills every time I read it. I wish my mom had me memorize it as well. I know she prayed it over me many times.
    Great word this morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome word! Thank you for the encouragement. For a long season we home schooled our boys. Some of our best memories and it allowed us like your mom to infuse scripture in. That never leaves. I see it all over them as young adults. Thank you for sharing. - Rob Heckler

    ReplyDelete