Thursday, July 23, 2020

Plans have fallen through

Plans have fallen through

When commenting on wrestling matches John Bradshaw Layfield would often say “Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.”  Life is unrelenting.  

For those who have followed the blog for a while I make it no secret that my favorite Sandi Patty song is In the Name of the Lord.  Been giving a lot of thought to this part of the song the past two days.  

“When my plans have fallen through 
And when my strength is nearly gone
When there’s nothing left to do but just depend on you
And the power of your Name

And as we call upon your Name 
Your strength through weakness to show
We can know the Master’s plan extend the Master’s hand
When we come in the Name of the Lord

There is strength in the Name of the Lord 
There is power in the Name of the Lord 
There is hope in the Name of the Lord”

Proverbs 18:10

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs to it and is safe.”

Psalm 118:5-9

“From my distress I called upon the Lord, the Lord answered me and set me in a large place.  The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?  The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.  

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

“And he has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’  Most gladly therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore, I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake, for when I am weak then I am strong.”

I’ve had a week of a lot of stress I have made mistakes.  Like the DC heroine Power Girl asked “Why do I always have to fight the giant spider?”  The Batcave blog is about finding hope in God’s Word and I need this as much as you.  Like JBL said “Everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth.”  So we run to God.  It should be our first choice and not our last!  

“So be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.  Put on all his armor and fight the good fight.  In all of our weakness He becomes so strong when he gives us the power and the strength to carry on.”







No comments:

Post a Comment