Sunday, February 9, 2020

Oh the thoughts I'd be thinking

Oh the thoughts I’d be thinking


We as humans have good and bad thoughts and perhaps when you read that title you went straight to the Wizard of Oz song “If I only had a brain.”  It’s called a hook I wanted to get your attention.  We as humans think a lot and not all of it is good.  But I read something I think we need to think on.  My Bible says that this chapter Psalm 48 is by the sons of Korah the temple assistants.  These people saw sacrifices day in and day out.  It’s easy to attend church so much and see so much there can be a redundancy you feel and you lose connection with why you’re there at all.  I recently was driving on Ocean Drive and you pass a few churches.  I mean big massive buildings and I had the thought of “do these people attending services here really connect with God.”  It’s easy to just show up and not have your heart and thoughts right.  Maybe my thoughts about this weren’t right either.   The sons of Korah though these guys got it right.  

Psalm 48:9-10

“We have thought on your loving kindness, O God, in the midst of your temple.  As is your name, O God, so is your praise to the ends of the earth; your right hand is full of righteousness.”  

Put your thoughts back on God where they belong.  Don’t get lost in the architecture.  Look around outside this week and see God’s creation and thank him for it.  Remember why you go to that building to praise God and learn about Him.  There’s a picture that sometimes floats around on Facebook that says “It’s Sunday time to get my praise on.”  Theologically it’s not a good thing. See it brings me to these questions.  Why do you only praise God on Sunday? Where are your thoughts the rest of the week? There’s enough Christian music out there you can lift praise to your King anytime and anywhere not just in a church building.  If that’s the only time you seek and praise God you might want to take a closer look at the relationship you claim to have with Him because Sunday ain’t enough.  









No comments:

Post a Comment