Sunday, February 16, 2020

Hope is a person named Jesus Christ

Hope is a person named Jesus Christ

There’s a supervisor at my job who goes around yelling, “Make sure to use your power words.”  Me being born in 19 diggety two I mean 1976 my sense of humor takes it a different direction.  I think of Chuck Norris and By the Power of Greyskull.  But I want to show you the power and hope in Christ Jesus.  There’s an old song called They Could Not that Sandi Patty sings and I want you to look at these lyrics. I may actually involve a few songs in this blog.  

“So finally upon a rugged cross they killed the man who would not suffer loss and when at last they took from Him what willingly he gave He died, but could they keep him in the grave they could not, they could not!  Praise God they could not!”  

1 Corinthians 1:18

“For the Word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”

We couldn’t save ourselves from our sins.  None of us ever will be able to the debt could only be paid by the sacrifice of God’s only son.  

2 Corinthians 5:21 says this 
“He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”

We can’t make it through life on our own we depend of God and we have to seek Him for help.  

2 Corinthians 12:9

“And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’  Most gladly therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.”

John 16:33

“These things I have spoken to you, so that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

“So be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might
Put on all his armor and fight the good fight
In all of our weakness He becomes so strong 
When he gives us the power and the strength to carry on.”

I heard it once said that “Hope can sometimes be a four letter word.”  But if your hope is in Jesus it is in the right place because not even death could keep Him down.  Where are you placing your hope?   If it’s in people, pleasure, money anything other than God they will let you down.  

Psalm 27:1-3
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?  When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.  Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war rise against me, in spite of all this I shall be confident.”  

“Because He lives I can face tomorrow 
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future 
And life is worth the living just because I know He lives.”

Psalm 62:1-2

“My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.  He only is my rock and salvation.  My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.”









No comments:

Post a Comment