Thursday, August 29, 2019

Speak

Speak 

Been reading lately about the life of Moses and he’s an interesting guy.  If all you know of him is from the movie the Ten Commandments you’ve missed some things.  The fear of public speaking is a something 99% of us share with him.  I’ve seen people say he stuttered but that’s not what my Bible says.  I want to set a stage for you.  In college I took an interpersonal communication speech class and it wasn’t my favorite subject but Mrs. Magni was awesome.  I was home schooled from 4th grade on.  Very happy my parents chose to do so.  I could expound more on that but now is not the time and place for following Barry Allen aka The Flash on a run.  So I am not always the best at talking I get nervous like Moses.  I was asked to do a five minute persuasive speech.  Five minutes stand up in front of people and talk.  The first two minutes and I’ll be honest I breathed.  Yeah I breathed I couldn’t form words.  Then years later I use written or typed words for an online blog.  I taught a physical life group for a year to a couple we met at Denny’s at midnight.  So yeah I can relate to Moses up till he had to face a king.    I’m not the best at public speaking or social interaction.  I’m giving you all this info and I’m going to show you some scripture.  Maybe this will be a longer blog than I would normally do but bear with me.  

Exodus 4:10-12
“But Moses replied to the Lord, ‘Please Lord, I have never been eloquent— either in the past or recently or since you have been speaking to your servant— because I am slow and hesitant in speech.’
The Lord said to him.  ‘Who makes the human mouth?  Who makes him mute, or deaf, seeing or blind?  Is it not I, The Lord?  Now go!  I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say.’”  

Isaiah 51:15-16
“For I am the Lord your God who stirs up the sea so that it’s waves roar— 
His name is Yahweh of Hosts.  
I have put my. Words in your mouth and covered you in the shadow of my hand.”  

Luke 12:11-12
“Whenever they bring you before synagogues and rulers and authorities don’t worry about how you should defend yourselves or what you should say.  For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that very hour what must be said.”  

I can tell you from personal experience God will and can speak through you.  I don’t talk much about this.  During that year when I met with that couple at Denny’s there was one very distinct night that stood out to me aside from the very first night.  Somehow the man and I were talking and his wife seemed to fade from my vision suddenly it seemed he was the focus of the full conversation my mouth was moving but it wasn’t me talking I suddenly started explaining to him about the weight of his sin and how it cost Jesus life to cleanse him.  I don’t remember much more except that night he was presented with the gospel before he went home whether he got saved or not was not up to me I was simply there to plant the seed and speak the truth.  God equips the person at the time they need to speak the truth.  He can speak through you.  When I first taught that life group on that first night I was terrified I didn’t think I could teach my way out of a paper bag.  This blog has gone on for 7 years I don’t know who all reads it or when and that’s not the important part.  I show up read my Bible and share what God lays on my heart.  This is not about me and it shouldn’t be.  This is about sharing hope in God’s Word and hopefully the reader draws closer to God.  Is it real and honest and blunt YES!  There’s your blog trust God for the words when you need them.  If God can speak through a donkey and he can speak through Zac he can speak through you.  








No comments:

Post a Comment