Friday, August 23, 2019

Compelling Thoughts

Compelling thoughts 

  I rarely take off working on the blog.  Recently my job changed and I was praying a lot for a way to provide for my family and to still be able to work on the blog as well.  The staff at Real Life have been quoting lately 2 Corinthians 5:14 and the part that says “Christ’s love compels us.”  See when I’ve tried to stop working on the blog I read something in the Bible or a song lyric comes to mind and mentally I’m back to working on the blog.  I understand the word compels in that manner.  God has called me to encourage others and point them back to his Word for that encouragement.  See I could say some of the nicest things ever but that would be just Zac talking but if I point you to God’s Word then that means I pointed you to truth. 

2 Corinthians 5:13-19
“For if we are out of our mind, it is for God; if we have a sound mind it is for you.  For Christ’s love compels us, since we have reached this conclusion: if One died for all, then all died.  And he died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the one who died for them and was raised.”  

See Christ sacrifice compels me to share his hope with others and the goal of this blog has always been for the reader to draw closer to God.  It’s not about me.  Most all of you who read this struggle with one thing or another but I want you to know you serve a God who cares for you and awaits the moment when you turn to Him and seek him.  I don’t have all the answers I never will not even sure what I would do if I did.  But I know what 1 Peter 5:7 says.  “Casting all your cares upon Him because he cares about you.”  If God didn’t care about me and you he wouldn’t have sent Jesus to die on the cross in our place.  He wouldn’t have left his Word for us to read.  So the question to ask is.  Is Christ’s love compelling you to impact others?  If so are you doing what you’ve been called to do?  

“Right now is the time that we gotta get with it 
The gift that he’s given ain’t just an exhibit
But a tool that he’s given us to use for his sake”. 

I mentioned above that God waits for us to come to him and seek him.  A while back I picked up this small Bible the CSB translation and it differs slightly from other translations I have read but I wanted something small I could bring to work in my backpack.  I noticed this in a familiar passage.  Exodus 3:1-4 “Meanwhile Moses was shepherding the flock of his father-in-law Jethro the priest of Midian.  He led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb the mountain of God.  Then the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire within a bush.  As Moses looked , he saw that the bush was on fire but was not consumed.  So Moses thought: I must go over and look at this remarkable sight.  Why isn’t the bush burning up?  
  When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called out to him from the bush, ‘Moses, Moses!’
‘Here I am,’ he answered.”  

Often God puts things in our lives to get us to pay attention to him and like he did with Moses he’s trying to get us to look to him.  





Nothing but the blood by Kelly Parks  There's a story behind this song.  A few weeks ago Marion and I were at the Goodwill store and she was looking for a light jacket and I stumbled on the music section and this cd Do not Fear was 99 cents so I gave it a chance and loved her rendition of this song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment