Sunday, August 11, 2019

Imitation

Imitation 

I don’t like imitation bacon bits or floppy bacon.  There’s some times in life where you need the real thing and bacon is one of them.  We as Christians are called to be imitators but in a good way.  When God calls us to do something it is always a good thing.  

Ephesians 5:1-2 
“Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children.  And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave himself for us a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God.”  

We want to know and be more like God.  The word Christian means “Little Christ.”  The verse above mentioned imitation and then dearly loved children.  If you think for a second about that Children on the whole mimic what they see their parents do.  They copy that behavior.  God is our father and we are called to copy his love.  I’ve been on the receiving end of churches not doing so.  You probably have too.  We need to draw closer to God so he can reshape us into the people he wants us to be.  

“To love the Lord our God 
Is the heartbeat of our mission 
The spring from which our service overflows
Across the street or around the world 
The Mission’s still the same
Proclaim and live the truth in Jesus’ name.”

There’s work be done we need to learn to love others and do so better.  Get in God’s Word and draw closer to him.


Someone might get to the music portion and think wow that's a lot of music links but I'm going to let you in on a behind the scenes tidbit.  The more I worked on and thought of this blog I would try to sleep and another song would pop in my head and if I didn't put it down I wouldn't remember when I woke up.    







Love in any language by Sandi Patty  This one actually has her doing sign language which is special because my wife knows ASL


No comments:

Post a Comment