Monday, October 2, 2017

Waterlogged

"To win your next match, use the element that brings life."  Princess Kitanna said this in the first Mortal Kombat movie to Liu Kang regarding water.   It's an element you will need for this blog.  

Going back to creation God has done a lot with water.  Earth a majority of it is covered in water and rain comes from clouds.  The human body requires water to survive.  Then you get to the age of Noah and I want you to start seeing a theme here.  That theme is of waters parting.  I'm going to later on introduce you to a song.  See after Noah the flood waters that covered the earth parted.  In Exodus God parted the Red Sea so the people of Israel could cross on dry land.  In Joshua, God parted the Jordan River so the nation of Israel could cross over.  When Elisha sent Naaman to be healed he had to go wash in the same Jordan River seven times. When he entered the water parted.  When God needed to correct the path of Jonah he parted the water and let a fish have dinner.  When Gideon performed tests with sheep's wool it involved water.  When Peter took a short trip on the Sea of Galilee Jesus had to part the water with his footsteps first.  Jesus fist miracle involved again water.  He even called himself the source of Living Water in John chapter 4.  
  Getting a little waterlogged just reading this aren't you?  

I want to introduce you to a medley of songs and if you have been around churches for a bit this will seem familiar.  

"When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, Oh hear me, Lord and hold out your hand
Touch my life still the raging storm in me

I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord; No tender voice like thine can peace afford.  I need thee, O, I need thee; every hour I need thee; Oh bless me now, my Savior I come to thee.  I need thee every hour, in joy or pain; come quickly and abide, or life is in vain."   

  There are wants and needs in this world.  For example I want more Moon Knight comics but I need water.  We want good things for ourselves and our family members.  We need God.  You may be at a problem right now or will be soon and that song is going to be something that hits home for you but I don't want it to be the only thing. Seek the God who created and parts the water because you need him every hour.   If you're a follower of God you need his water and I'll tell you why.  John 15:5 Jesus said this "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing."  Because you're a part of a vine you need water.  

Psalms 63:1. "O, God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water."  















No comments:

Post a Comment