Monday, October 9, 2017

Project Hope 3.0

Project Hope 3.0

About two years ago I did a blog called Project Hope 2.0 and this week I think there should be a continuation of that.  See for some this blog is called a Weekly Dose of Hope.  My friend Chris described it as "a weekly shot of spiritual vitamins ".  Lately we've had multiple hurricanes and most recently a mass shooting.  Been on Facebook a lot and the political stuff is not helping anyone.  I've seen a mess and that's an understatement.  I don't claim to have all the answers and even if I did I wouldn't want that responsibility.  So the idea behind Project Hope is this. I want you fellow believers to have something to help you fix your eyes and heart back on God because those around us need us and you and I we need a recharge.  So I'm going to try with music and scripture in a feeble way to help and hopefully get you looking somewhere else.  

Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.  He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.  He renews my strength.  He guides me along right paths bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and staff protect and comfort me.  You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You honor me by anointing my head with oil.  My cup overflows with blessings.  Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."  

Psalm 27:1-3 
"The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid?  The Lord is my fortress protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?  When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.  Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid.  Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident."  

Psalm 18:19
"He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me."

Colossians 3:1-3 
"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.  Think about the things of heaven, not things the of the earth.  For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God."

Philippians 4:6-8
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need , and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about these things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

1 Peter 5:7
"Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about you."

John 16:33
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  

Proverbs 18:10
"The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe."

Zephaniah 3:17
"For the Lord your God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With his love, he will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."




































No comments:

Post a Comment