Friday, July 17, 2015

Current scoffing selfishness

Some people got a problem with a higher force.  They answer to no one on a selfish course."  This is a line from the song Ultimate ruler by Eddie De Garmo and Dana Key.  About a month ago I had interaction with a scoffer who claimed the Bible was full of lies because men wrote it and God didn't exist.  I've thought a lot since then about those interactions and had a lot of conversations with my wife Marion.  For years Mr. T has made a living out of saying "I pity the Fool."  I don't pity them I'm afraid for them.  Psalms 14:1 "Only fools say in their hearts `There is no God'.  They are corrupt and their actions are evil; not one of them does good."  This is driven home again in Psalms 53:1  A few days ago I heard the line from Ultimate Ruler and it got Marion and I talking.  Lately in the news we've heard Bruce Jenner flaunt his desecration of his body God created to become something God didn't design him for and have it called courage.  We've also seen homosexuality win and more.  It feels like evil has won.  Almost all of these things find their source in selfishness sin and lies.  See Lucifer or Satan if you will was on of the angels in heaven.  He shook his fist in the face of God.  Watch the selfishness here in Isaiah 14:13-14 "For you said to yourself `I will ascend to Heaven and set my throne above God's stars I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north.  I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High."  All these things going on today and outright rejection of God are selfish acts.  Proverbs 14:9 says this.  "Fools make fun of guilt, but the godly acknowledge it and seek reconciliation."  That's incredibly bold and to the point.  I encourage you this week to read Romans chapter 1 because you will see a lot of our current events and peoples attitudes towards God listed there.  For those that may deal with scoffers I urge you to pray for them.  if you need a musical reminder to do so listen to Secret Weapon by Petra.  See if you follow the story of Moses and Pharaoh it starts out with Pharaoh being stubborn and hardening his heart.  In Exodus 8:19 God hardens his heart.  Then in 10:27 God does it again.  God will only let people willfully reject him for so long till they seal their own fates.  I heard Rich Mullins once say "It's a scary thing that there is no plan B." speaking of the church.  Now more than ever Christians need to point others to God because that's what God called us to and there's no plan B.  









No comments:

Post a Comment