Friday, July 24, 2015

Chasing the Dragon

I've been reading a book called Wrestling For My Life by Shawn Michaels.  It's the biography of the WWE star who has been changed by God and is being used by God in the world of Pro Wrestling.  in the book Shawn Michaels and Mark Calloway  refer to chasing after something unattainable as "Chasing the Dragon."  While thinking about this I came across this verse Proverbs 21:21 "Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness and honor."  The writer of this chapter Solomon gives us something better to pursue than a dragon.  I know enough from fantasy fiction to know if you chase a dragon you're liable to get eaten.  Matthew 6:33 says this "Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."  Further we find this in Philippians 4:8  "And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing, Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."  I can tell you this from experience the public workplace can harm you with all the negative things being said and done and our thoughts get messed up.  I'm not exempt.  Sometimes i get madder than a midget with a yo yo.  I need my thoughts fixed.  I need prayer and reading God's word and I fail because I chase the dragon instead of righteousness.  Paul, Jesus and Solomon all called us to fix our thoughts and seek God's kingdom.  I don't know what is demanding your thoughts and time but if its not of God a change of direction is in order.  









No comments:

Post a Comment