Friday, July 10, 2015

clear

In the Star Wars universe Yoda, Obi-Wan, Vader and the Emperor talk a lot about the path one must choose.  In churches you hear a lot of people wanting to know what God wants them to do.  Its not as confusing as some people make it out to be.  God is usually very clear with people.  Like this is incredibly clear.  "No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8.  This past Thursday something happened to me that left me momentarily confused.  I was leaving work and I walked to the door and started towards the side of the building where I parked.  I saw something green on the ground.  I bent down and it was a $100.00 bill.  I started looking around and found an HEB receipt but it had no name on it.  So sure I could have kept the money but I didn't.  It was a lot of money.  I went back to the security desk and told Linda and James the guards.  They at first encouraged me to keep it.  That just didn't sit right with me.  So they held on to it till a lady came and asked about it.  Later I was relaying to Marion what happened and how I was still feeling confused about what I had done.  This is what my wife of 3 years in a few days said.  "You are the type of person who would be bothered by this.  God wouldn't allow you to just take it."  what's weird is that last thing Marion said not more than 2 days later was repeated by Linda the guard.  It was confirmation to me that I had done exactly what God had required of me.  it got stranger Linda decided a thank you note was not enough from the lady whose money i had returned.  Linda went out of her way and got an Avengers blanket and gave it to me.  Alicia was the name of whose money i found.  She thanked me and in her note copied her supervisor who gave me an award through our award system at work.  I tell you this not because I did something special because I didn't.  When God tells you things a lot of times it is very clear what you should do.  Proverbs 4:20-27 gives us some very clear things.  "My child, pay attention to what I say.  Listen carefully to my words.  Don't lose sight of them.  Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.  Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.  Avoid all perverse talk.  Stay away from corrupt speech.  Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.  Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil."  Your road map was just laid out for you get up and go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment