Thursday, October 31, 2013

Psalms 147

    Have you ever been reading that passage in the bible that suddenly makes you want to sing and you get a specific song stuck in your head.  That's how I get the songs for these studies.  When I read the first few verses of this psalm I got this song Make his praise glorious stuck in my head. 
 
1.  "Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God.  How delightful and fitting."  Now compare it to the song I thought of.  "Behold, how good it is to sing praises to our God.  How pleasant and fitting to praise him.  Behold, how good it is."  Notice a similar theme?
2.  Biblical history.  Continue reading the Old Testament and you will hear Paul Harvey in your head saying "And now for the rest of the story."
3.  "He heals the broken hearted and bandages their wounds."  About 2 yrs ago I lived out this verse I suffered a horrible breakup I had a friend Beth who is the type of friend God puts in your life to tell you the truth you may not want to hear.  Her exact words were very similar to this verse.  "Why don't you rip the Band-Aid off and let God heal you."  If I had never listened to her there would not have been a chance for Marion and Zac.  I had to learn to Love God before I could love someone else. 
4-6.  God does truly amazing things. 
7.  "Sing out your thanks to the Lord; Sing praises to our God with a harp."  I had someone tell me to use musical instruments in church was wrong.  Nope! I see a harp in this last verse.  Besides I don't sing good I need help. 
8-9.  "My God how great thou art."
10-11.  Love for God and reverence for him are his delight.   I don't know about you but I want God to be delighted in me. 
12-13.  If you look back in history God has taken care of his people Israel.  America needs to turn from evil so he can prosper us as a nation like he has done in the past. 
16-20.  God will take care of his people. 
 
Sing to your King.  How Great is our God and How Great Thou Art by Chris Tomlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zvotyPcVg
 
How Great Thou Art by Selah towards the end of the song it is done in an African language called Kituba http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ZbcCjoj70
 
This is a blast from the past for me.  My family and I owned the vhs tape of this concert which we nearly wore out .  Make His praise Glorious by Sandi Patti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO89GnG7IzI
 
Just as I am by Nichole Nordeman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r0ftjCTNA

No comments:

Post a Comment