Friday, October 11, 2013

Psalm144

My friend Payton and I swap books often because we like stuff from the Warhammer Universe most specifically the tales of Gotrek and Felix.  Gotrek is a Dwarf Slayer who has made a vow to seek his doom in a glorious battle and Felix is a poet who reluctantly gets dragged into battles in his quest to be Gotrek's remember and chronicle his doom in an epic poem.  Payton and I are used to reading of epic battles.  I think a lot of times spiritual warfare can be confusing to a Christian.  I know it can be for me at least.  I've been trying to get my schedule changed at work for months so I can have more time with my wife.  I've tried so hard I've come to see it as a spiritual battle instead of a physical one.  if you have time we could greatly use prayer in this regard.  Psalms 144 is not like the Psalms I have read before.  To me it almost felt like reading about my literary friend Felix mentally resigning himself to the fact that a battle was inevitable 
 
1.  "Praise the Lord who is my rock, He trains my hands for war and gived my fingers skill in battle."  Remember that God has given you training and skill.
2.   Look at all the things God provides in this verse Loving ally, fortress, tower of safety, rescuer, shield, refuge.  I don't know about you but I'm liking the odds with God on my side. 
3-4.  We are so unworthy of God's notice.
5-8.  Those verses right there are exactly why God is bigger than the boogeyman.
9-11.  Like the late Rich Mullins sang "My deliverer is coming my deliverer is standing by. 
12-14 This is a prayer to God asking him to prosper King David's people.
15.  Joyfulness comes from following God.
 
Onward Christian Soldiers by Petra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hanm_gi_00Y
 
The Battle belongs to the Lord by Petra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZJZsRJIC0
 
 
 
 
In Christ alone by Phillips, Craig and Dean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zunQ--S7RM

No comments:

Post a Comment