Saturday, October 5, 2013

Psalms 143

There's a line in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie uttered by Casey Jones and it applies to me and King David.  "I feel like I just called Mike Tyson a sissy."  If you have never or do not know someone who has worked at a call center it will be a little tough to relate to me.  I go to work truly wanting to help and do my best but lately it just seems like I called Mike Tyson, Brock Lesnar and the Road Warriors sissies.  For those who don't know who these people are:  Tyson was a former heavyweight champion boxer. Brock Lesnar is a beast incarnate he is a former pro-wrestler who downgraded and became and mma fighter in the UFC.  The Road Warriors or Legion of Doom were some of the most fearsome tag team wrestlers in history.  when people were told they had to fight the Road Warriors they would be found in the dressing room throwing up before the match.  yes in pro-wrestling they do sell(make the other person look good.) certain moves The Road Warriors worked stiff they just flat out beat people up.   Things are hitting me emotionally and mentally from all sides.  I opened my bible to work on bible study after praying off and on all morning for hope.  Also this verse my college teacher shared with me has been fighting for my attention Galatians 6:9
 
1.  "Hear my prayer, O Lord Listen to my plea!  Answer me because you are faithful and righteous."  Boom Boom Boom! the blows rain down.  Hear my prayer God I need hope. 
2.  That's a cry for mercy.
3-4.  This guy needs help.
5-6.  He shifts his perspective onto God and not his problem.  Sometimes this is the most painful and difficult thing in the world to do.  I was trying so hard to do this myself today. 
7.  He is pleading with God to deliver him. 
8.  Look to God's unfailing love each morning and trust Him.  I keep finding myself turning to Psalms 23 where it says He restores my soul. 
9.  Run to the one who rescued you from sin.  He is bigger than any problem. 
10. You want a guide how about the one who said "I am the Way the Truth and the Light."
11.  The Light of the World will lead you out of darkness.  "Let hope rise and darkness tremble in you Holy Light that every eye will see Jesus our God great and mighty to be praised."
12.  We fall at God's feet and He fights for us.  
 
Sometimes we just need to be reminded of Who God is and who we are I know I do.  So as the blows rain down on you call out to God and remember He has not left his throne he is still in control and knows exactly where you are.  
 
You are God alone by Phillips. Craig and Dean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OICArFHAa9c
 
God of All by Twila Paris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvjJGX36Uxk    
 
You are God by Twila Paris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsRm0Ddk8qM
 
With Everything by Hillsong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_z_i9XQZc if this song doesn't open your heart and make you praise God there's something wrong with you.
 
I stand Amazed(How marvelous) by Chris Tomlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7QuZ4wo1X4 I simply can't get enough of this old hymn.
 
Keep Breathing by Kerrie Roberts.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbDuM-f36Hs this song has a very special place in mine and Marion's hearts when we're having a bad day one of us will play this.  
 
I am on the Rock by Petra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSEW9hS0nY back in 1990 Petra released the album Beyond Belief and it is probably one of their best albums of all time.  As a Christian when I'm under attack this is my battle cry.  the reason I say battle cry is I run on my breaks at work and when calls have been bad this is one of those songs I listen to and remind myself  "There is no Rock in this world but our God"  Psalms often refers to God as our rock and our shelter.   
 
Hurricane by Natalie Grant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1glRTnhssjA This song has been advertised many times by Natalie Grant on my face book page and I gave it a chance because she kept posting the lyrics.  it's just awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment