Thursday, October 24, 2013

Psalms 146

 Tuesday was not a good day for me.  If it could go wrong it did.  I'll not get into details suffice to say Marion and I are like the X-Men having trouble with the Juggernaut minus any fictional superpowers I've written us as having in any of my stories.  As married couples do we have disagreements but I'm thankful for Marion pointing me back to God.  Things are out of control for us we are asking God why but still trusting and fixing our eyes upon him.  "In all of our weakness He becomes so strong giving us the power and the strength to carry on."
 
1-2.  I think we are called to praise the Lord with our whole being.  I've been reading lately about Jesus encounter with the woman at the well.  I've heard a lot of people quote the part about worshipping God in spirit and in truth.  Something personally that I struggle with is singing but my mind is elsewhere.  as a writer my mind tends to wander and tries to make me want to write at the worst times and lately that has been at church.  I find myself asking God to clear my mind so I can truly praise Him.  I'll let you in on something else when I type up bible study and attach the music videos I truly praise God at those times.  I sing my heart out to God.  
3-4.  "Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.  When they breathe their last, they return to the earth and all their plans die with them."  This is a verse I have never seen in my life and I have read the bible thru multiple times.
5.  Hope in God creates joy.  Hope +God=joy Finally I put algebra to use in real life!
6.  God is your creator not evolution or a big bang theory.
7.  Justice, food to hungry, frees prisoners.  God gives these things.  Evil men deny them from those who need these things. 
8-10.  God is faithful.  
 
 
when I got to verse 7 this is the song that came to mind.  Some people will say this song is by hillsong but when I originally heard it, it was because of the beautiful voice you're about to hear.  for about 2 yrs I had this cd on my amazon wish list till I took a chance and bought it. Allow me to introduce you to Adie Camp the wife of the world famous singer Jeremy Camp.
 
a few months ago Marion and I went to Codi's Collectibles and I picked up this cd by Shelia Walsh and this is a song I have just learned to love.  occasionally I will try to find videos with the lyrics because Marion likes to be able to learn the songs and do sign language to them. This is a beautiful reminder.  God is Faithful by Shelia Walsh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLtqh8UbiY
 
This is one of those songs that reminds me to look around at all God has created and realize no matter how bad something seems Life is still beautiful i'm still breathing and God is not done with me.  Life is beautiful by Michelle Tumes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzRYG5a8H4Q  

No comments:

Post a Comment