Saturday, October 19, 2013

Psalms 145

  Got this all ready on Monday so some of what I'm saying is in past tense. 
 
    This weekend has been very rough.  Tonight on my lunch at work I was trying to relax while on a 30 min lunch that isn't very easy.  Sometimes you're trying to hard to cram food in yourself.  my lunch break was about to end and I stood up to throw away my chip bag when it hit me.  Songs are a great part of my life.  Suddenly this song from a group called The Afters grabbed my thoughts with one line "You light, light, light up the sky to show me you are with me."  It's all about God reminding you that He is with you by the lights in the sky.  It hit me like a steel folding chair upside the head.  Yep that's Zac sometimes too stupid to remember to praise God.  King David knew how to praise God.  In my mind I can imagine the King on his throne calling the royal scribe over and saying "Hey write this down this is important stuff."   Twenty-One verses of praising God followed.  If a king can take time out of his busy day to praise the King of Kings who has lit up the sky to show you he is with you I think we should pay attention to what he has to say. 
 
 
1-2.  How long are we going to praise God's name? Forever and ever.
3.  "God is great sing his praise all the earth all the heavens."
4.  Proclaim God's mighty acts from Generation to generation.  Speaking of generations if you want to see this lived out you need to meet Cynthia Beatty and Megan West along with Tim and Alisha Thompson and their 2 daughters Lola and Roxy all members at Real Life Corpus.  These 6 proclaim God in the things they say and the love they live out. 
5.  Meditate on God's works.
6-7.  God's name will be praised.
8-9.  Thank God for being slow to anger, forgiving, and having unfailing love and being compassionate.
10-13.  The Earth and its contents will praise God.
14.  "The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those beneath their loads."  I am so thankful for verses like this one.  I learn from these studies too and I needed that promise. 
15-16 Years ago the rolling stones sang a song called "I can't get no Satisfaction."  Of course they couldn't find satisfaction they didn't seek God.
17.  God is filled with righteousness and kindness.
18-21.  You want to know why you can place your hope in God read those verses again.
 
Light up the Sky by the Afters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X_E2t7r1pY
 
10,000 Reasons by Jesus Culture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6tM-DQmREk
 
I spoke earlier of the phrase of proclaiming God from Generation to Generation singer Geoff Moore compared the concept to a baseball game where Hebrews 12:1-2 reference "such a cloud of witness"  imagine your life as being the batter in a baseball game all the Christians before and present are watching and observing your life cheering you on so I have here two songs that go with that concept.  Find us Faithful by Steve Green http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERKnxzNzwg and  Home Run by Geoff Moore and the Distance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtebmWYDuc
 
This should be our prayer for our lives as followers of Christ.  When all is said and done by Geoff Moore and the Distance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CNeQDBcs8
 
Another Great reminder that God is with you and for you.  By your side live by Tenth Avenue North.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YqbPEqYdac 
 
just to remind you of God's love today.  You are more by Tenth Avenue North http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxyms8Bu3I

No comments:

Post a Comment