Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Certain Point of View

 

Certain point of view 

 

Some of you know me to be a huge Star Wars fan and they have a phrase in a New Hope of “from a Certain point of view “.  Thursday night I was watching the Sunday morning service for First Baptist Corpus Christi, and it has had me thinking a bit because Dr. Hill has been doing a series on the parables of Jesus Christ and there’s one he was mentioning about the Sower and the seed in Luke 8:4-15.  I’m 45 years old and I’m a preacher’s kid.  I’ve heard a lot of sermons through the years from my dad and other pastors but here’s the thing normally when I’ve heard this passage preached on the pastor will talk about the listening person and the types of soil.  Dr. Hill changed the whole point of view, and it has made me think about it a lot.  See I’ve been doing this Bible study blog thing for a while, and I have met a good amount of people who share God’s Word in various ways.  So, here’s the twist and I hope I do it Justice.  Anyone who shares God’s Word be it a teacher, pastor or ordinary person who is a Christian, a follower of God that shares his truth in some manner they’re the farmer in the story.  The person who hears it after interacting with the hearing of God’s Word is the different type of soil.  It then becomes more imperative that we are rightly sharing truth and not changing any part of the message because God’s Word is active and alive and is capable of changing people.  My former campus pastor and friend Greg and I have a saying about comic books and it’s this “Stories matter!”  There’s an exclamation mark there for a reason because we say that emphatically.  The things we share from the Bible matter 100 times more!  Here’s why.  

 

Hebrews 4:12-13

 

“For the Word of God is alive and powerful.  It is sharper than any two edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow.  It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.  Nothing in all creation is hidden from God.  Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.”

 

Over the years I have had people ask me for advice and I don’t always get it right, but I honestly tell people this.  If you ask me for advice on anything and if I point you anywhere other than the cross of Christ and back to scripture, I have failed you.  I don’t have all the answers to life, and I fail often but I serve a Savior who has the answers. 

There have been so many times over the past years that I have done this blog thing that I have considered quitting.  Like the parable of the sower I can share things and I rarely see the results.  But I keep doing so because I know that God’s Word doesn’t go forth without accomplishing that which he set out for it to do.   My heart has been the soil and God has changed my heart because people were willing to sow his Word into it.  My dad had this sign up at a church he once pastored and at the exit  it said, “You are now entering your mission field.”  Wherever a Christian goes they are to be sharing God’s Word through word and deed.  I want my life to matter, and I want at the end of my days to hear God say “Well done.”  

 

For the Christian watching or reading this what you do and say matters and the Great Commission was a command not a suggestion.  There are people who need Jesus to change their lives and we need to share his hope.  I pray every time I’m about to share something asking God to give the participant hope and that He would draw them closer to Himself.  Doing this as a blog I don’t know who reads it or watches I get very little interaction, but I trust God to change people and keep sharing.  

 

Matthew 28:18-20

 

“Jesus came and told his disciples, ‘I have been given all authority in Heaven and on earth.  Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.    Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.  And be sure of this I am with you always even to the end of the age.’”  

 

“When we say what we say we’ve got to face the nations.”  

 

 

 

 

Until the whole world hears by Casting Crowns 

We need Jesus by Petra 

People need the Lord by Steve Green

Face the Nations by 4 Him  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment