Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Where

 Where


I read this passage on Friday morning then again on Saturday morning the second time I had to ask the question.  “Where’s your trust?”  It’s a question we all have to ask.  Five verses of hope in God and giving reasons to trust him.  

Psalm 40:1-5

“I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.  He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see what he has done and be amazed.  They will put their trust in the Lord.  Oh, the joys of those who trust in the Lord, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols.  O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.  Your plans for us are too numerous to list.  You have no equal.  If I tried to recite all your wondrous deeds I would never come to the end of them.”  

King David gives reasons for trusting God.  

“So I’m walking by faith and not by sight
And I am trusting in invisible things 
For I have felt in my heart 
What I can’t see with my eyes
‘Cause the proof is living inside of me 
I’ve been set free 
And this is all the evidence I need

‘Cause I know your love reaches out to me
In my weakest of days
For I’ve felt your touch in my heart of hearts 
Though I’ve never ever seen your face”

God is trustworthy and even on the worst of days we need to remember that!




No comments:

Post a Comment