Thursday, May 19, 2022

Unfailing Love

 

Unfailing love 

 

We as humans have become so accustomed to love with conditions.  Geoff Moore calls it the “I love you if.   Love with strings attached.  If you perform, if you do what I ask.”  I want to instead show you the unconditional and unfailing love of God.  It’s a recurring theme through the book of Psalms and it’s sometimes easy to read and overlook because we don’t really know what to do with it.  I have mentioned before that I at times struggle with the fact that a human can love me and then it becomes more mind boggling to think that the very God who created it all could love me.  

 

Psalm 42:8 

“But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.”

 

Psalm 48:9-10

 

“O God, we meditate on your unfailing love as we worship in your temple.  As your name deserves, O God, you will be praised to the ends of the earth.  Your strong right hand is filled with victory.”  

 

Lamentations 3:21-24

 

“Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this.  The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.  I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my inheritance; and therefore, I will hope in him!’”

 

I don’t quote secular singers too often in the blog but these verses mention mornings and evenings.  I work nights so I see earlier in the morning than most of you and Willie Nelson got this right in one of his songs.  “Each night begins a new day.”  These verses say God’s mercies are new every morning.  If you’re having a bad time with something, you can rest knowing God has mercy for you when things aren’t going right.  You can seek him day or night.  There’s someone who will watch this as a video or read the blog that needs to be reminded that they are loved by God.  I tell you often that this is a blog with an emphasis on Hope found in God’s Word and some days we need that more than others.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Defender by Francesca Battistelli

You are my rock by Petra

This love doesn’t run by Kerrie Roberts 

Wonder of wonders by Meredith Andrews 

When love calls your name by Kim Boyce

Speechless by Steven Curtis Chapman 

For the Love of God by Kenny Rogers 

No comments:

Post a Comment