Monday, February 21, 2022

Shields up

Shields Up

 

It’s a familiar phrase if you’ve ever watched Star Trek in any form.  I’m going to share a verse that has gotten me through a lot over the years.  It was the start of me doing this Bible study thing.  About the time this all started my ex and I had broken up and not too long after that my grandma passed away.  I was hurt.  But I came to these two verses.

 

Psalm 3:3-4

 

“But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.  I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain.”  

 

At that point in my life I understood “the one who holds my head high.”  Why did I understand that?  Because my spirit was crushed.  It was a time where God took my chin in his hand and made me look up at him.  

 

Now before I finish this blog I want to take your mind in a bit of a different direction.  It said that God is a shield about us.  Many times in the Bible, God is described as a mighty warrior defending his people.  I wrote this poem one time and it was about a closer look at Captain America.  See the superhero has been around for years and he uses the shield for offense and defense.  Now think about this for a minute.  A shield around us.  It protects us.  But God may also be using that shield in offense to protect us as well.  You can lift a shield overhead to protect from flying arrows.  In front of your person or to the sides.  A shield can also be swung or hurled in offense depending on the size of the shield and strength of the warrior.  Someone may also use a shield to defend someone else while attacking with the other hand.  You can also stand a shield in the ground and hide behind it.  Many ways to mentally see God being our shield and protecting us.  

 

 

 

 

Shield about me by Steffany Gretzinger

Made me glad by Sandi Patty

Defender by Upper Room

No comments:

Post a Comment