Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Least

 

Least

 

Very often I will say that I’m the least important part of this blog.  I was asked a question this past week.  “Have you ever thought about becoming a preacher?”  I talked about it a bit with my wife, Marion.  I’m not a public speaker.  I don’t do crowds.  I took a public speaking course in college, and I had to do a five minute speech.  For 2 minutes I breathed.  That’s all I could do.  I have taken a ministry of the pastor course years ago when on a different life plan to be a Christian counselor for youth but all that didn’t work out.  I read a poem I wrote at my Paw Paw’s funeral and the only reason I made it through was I put my reading glasses on, and I couldn’t see people.  When my dad was training to be a preacher there was a mentor of his who said, “You Put the cookies on the bottom shelf.”  Meaning when you talk or share a Biblical lesson you make it simple enough everyone can understand.  I try to keep things short and to the point but keep God’s word at the focal point.  I’ve even mentioned I try to keep things similar to a wrestling promo.  You have your main points you’re trying to make.  A little bit of stuff in the middle and then your go home line.  There have been some who don’t understand when I relate things to comics, cartoons and more but not every teacher is going to use the same manner of speech or illustrations.  In 1 Corinthians Paul talks about keeping things plain and simple so people rely on the power of God and not human wisdom in regard to his communication.  I don’t want to be the important part of doing a blog or video because I don’t want to take away God’s glory it doesn’t belong to me. I’m just here to share what God shows me in hope that He will draw people closer to himself.  

 

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

 

“When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn’t use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God’s secret plan.  For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified.  I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling.  And my message and my preaching were very plain.  Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit.  I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.”  

 

1 Peter 5:6

 

“So, humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.”

 

I’ve said before I don’t know who all watches or reads this blog but if just one person draws closer to God and finds hope in his word then I have done what I set out to do.  

 

 

 

Youmake me brave By Bethel

Humbleyourself by Mylon Lefevre

No comments:

Post a Comment