Monday, August 9, 2021

People trap

 People trap 

 

There is a line in the movie Return of the Jedi and it’s Admiral Ackbar’s famous line.  “It’s a trap!”

 

We as people fall into a trap of being concerned about what other people think.  We get so wrapped up in that kind of thinking we forget what’s really important.  See what’s really important is pleasing God!  

 

Proverbs 29:25

 

“Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting God means safety.”  

 

Psalm 118:5-9

 

“In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free.  The Lord is for me so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?  Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.  I will look in triumph at those who hate me.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. “

 

I want to share the words of the song “You Alone” by Kim Hill

 

“I lift my eyes when I am troubled 

I lift my hands, I lift my heart

And there I stand knowing nothing can defeat me 

Just as long as I know where you are

 

In you alone

Is where I find my comfort 

In you alone 

You’re my only hope 

In you alone 

my heart has found a resting place 

In you alone”

 

Seek to please God and don’t worry so much about pleasing others.  

 

Ephesians 5:1-2

 

“Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.  Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ.  He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. “

 

Psalm 119:64

 

“O Lord, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees.”  

 

You alone by Kim Hill

Godpleaser by Petra 

We trust in the name by Steve Green 

Only a fool by Geoff Moore and the Distance 


Everything I Do by Rebecca St James

No comments:

Post a Comment