Monday, August 30, 2021

Distraction

 

Distraction 

 

There was a game show a in 2004 called Distraction where the host had people mess with you in odd ways while you were being asked questions.  We live in a world where we are often distracted by many things.  I was driving to work Thursday night and thought about this.  See the night before I was at work and the site has been empty at night.  I could read or play games you know whatever till my shift ends.  I finally decided to watch the most recent service at Real Life.  Why because I was getting distracted and my thoughts were going in directions they didn’t necessarily need to.  I’ve noticed this happening to me more often.  It reminded me as I drove to work Thursday night I needed to spend more time in the Bible.  I don’t always get it right. I need to stop being so distracted and seek God’s Word.  

 

Jeremiah 33:2-3

 

“This is what the Lord says— the Lord who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the Lord.  Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.”

 

Kinda hard for God to teach us when we don’t spend time in his word and let ourselves get distracted.  

 

James 1:5-8

 

“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.  He will not rebuke you for asking.  But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.  Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.  Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.”

 

We need to get away with the Bible and seek God!  It’s not always easy.  

 

Kim Hill sang it best in her song Slip Away.

 

“Slip away my child

With the lover of your soul

Slip away so you can hear my voice again 

Say I love you 

Slip away my child

With the lover of your soul

So I can whisper in your ear 

And hold you close to me so near

Slip away my child 

Slip away.”

 

 

 

Slip away by Kim Hill

Ancient words by Michael W Smith 

I’m not the King by Audio Adrenaline

Treasure Island by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment