Monday, August 23, 2021

For with the Lord

 For with the Lord.

A lot has been changing this week at my job site.  Also with the global landscape as far as Politics.  I try not to get political in the blog and I don’t plan on it.  But stuff is going on around us that is crazy.  We need something consistent.  Our Hope needs to be firmly on God!  

We need these 8 verses I’m about to share with you.  

Psalm 130

“From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help.  Hear my cry, O Lord.  Pay attention to my prayer.  Lord if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?  But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.  I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him.  I have put my hope in his word.  I long for the Lord more than the sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than the sentries long for the dawn.  O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is unfailing love.  His redemption overflows.  He himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.”  

I can personally relate to that part about sentries waiting for dawn because as some of you know I work as a security guard overnight.  I chose the night shift I would prefer that.  But for some reason around 3:45 am my coworkers and I can tell you a gremlin sneaks around and makes all of us incredibly tired and we’re looking for the dawn wanting to go home and sleep.  

What I don’t want you to miss from all this though is what is promised in this chapter.  With God there is help, redemption, unfailing love, forgiveness.  All spiritual things we need and don’t always realize or admit we need.  God offers them.  There is something that caused me to pause and think in verses 3-4.  “Lord, if you kept a kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could survive?  But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.”  The very record of our sins would destroy us.  Then it explains that God’s very act of forgiveness teaches us to fear and respect him.  Through all of it he uses it to teach us. Recently I was watching a documentary about the pro wrestler Bret the Hitman Hart and they said “Everything he does in the ring is seamless and each action tells a story and has purpose.”  When God does anything there is something to be learned from it.  It’s for our benefit.  Like the Genie on the movie Aladdin said “He can be taught!”  We can learn from all this if we’re willing to be taught.







No comments:

Post a Comment