Thursday, June 4, 2020

Increased Stress Level

Increased stress level

This week had a rough start for me.  Monday I had to resume taking roadside assistance dispatch calls and like I told a friend at work I was not ready for that level of stress again. For those not understanding why I got stressed out let me explain.  When the pandemic stuff started I was for at least a month or more taking calls for home food delivery and the callers were nice friendly and knew what they wanted.  Taking roadside assistance dispatch calls is a monster of another variety we deal with people who are frustrated with their situation.  They lash out at the people trying to help them.  I am part of a call back team that deals with customers who have called more than 3-5 times.  The people are irate.  Men cuss you out and women start crying.  It’s an emotional roller coaster each call.  Some people I’ve worked with claim once their shift is over they don’t think about it anymore I personally can’t shut it off that easy. I drive home in silence because I’ve had voices of customers and coworkers in my ears for 8 hours and hearing aids have amplified that noise level.  I’ve had nightmares that Marion has had to wake me and talk me down from.  
 I can honestly admit by the end of my shift Monday I came home and snapped at my wife.  I shouldn’t have and I apologized.   I worked out no relief from that stress.  I took a shower and broke down crying and praying in the shower.  See Sunday I almost started looking for a new job.  But the more I considered the riots and protests I didn’t feel safe being a security guard again.  I find myself praying and pouring my heart out more to God asking Him to help me trust Him more with things stressing me out.  Tuesday was a little better that’s when I heard the song Jesus, what a Savior by Sheila Walsh   And then in my Youversion reading plan I came across these verses.  To those also stressed out you need these too.  

Isaiah 40:29-31
“He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.  Though youths grow weary and tired and vigorous men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.  



Psalm 23:1-3
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.  He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  

By Wednesday I was somewhat back in the rhythm of work and had regained my title of “Weird call magnet.”  Any weird call I seem to attract while my coworkers get ones that nearly make sense.  For those reading and watching this blog.  It is not really about Zac but about a person turning to God during stress.  Where are you turning?   

This was from the song I mentioned.

“You are my strength when all my strength has ended. You are my hope when all my hope is gone. You are my joy when my world is filled with sorrow.  You’re the peace in my tomorrow for I know that you’ll be there.  You’re my song when my melody has ended.  A light in the storm when I can’t find my way.  You are the one who gives my life a reason.  Someone to believe in you help me carry on.  Jesus, what a Savior you are.”  







No comments:

Post a Comment