Thursday, June 25, 2020

Chasing After




Chasing after

King David was a humble warrior and King and referred to as a man after God’s own heart.  He was also a poet and musician. In Psalm 86 we find a man with a passion.  It reminded me of a
chorus to the song Chasing After by Christian singers, Clear, that says this. 
“What could I acquire 
To make my heart delight in what it finds
Nothing I desire could bring me joy like You”

Psalm 86:1-10

1Incline Your ear, O LORD, and answer me; For I am afflicted and needy.
2Preserve my soul, for I am a godly man;
            O You my God, save Your servant who trusts in You.
3Be gracious to me, O Lord,
            For to You I cry all day long.
4Make glad the soul of Your servant,
            For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
5For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
            And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
6Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer;
            And give heed to the voice of my supplications!
7In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You,
            For You will answer me.
8There is no one like You among the gods, O Lord,
            Nor are there any works like Yours.
9All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You,
O Lord, And they shall glorify Your name.
10For You are great and do wondrous deeds;
            You alone are God.











No comments:

Post a Comment