Thursday, June 11, 2020

Good over Worthless

Good over worthless 

Been going through this Bible study plan Life Principles to live by, and it’s by Charles Stanley in my Youversion app and Thursday I came across this verse. Jeremiah 15:19.  We live in a world of lots of words and lately some of them have intensified to bad even downright worthless proportions.  We have protests going on that well aren’t that great at all.  I love the way the New Living Translation puts this verse.

Jeremiah 15:19
“This is how the Lord responds: ‘If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me.  If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman.  You must influence them; do not let them influence you!’”

As a representative at a call center on a daily basis I have to use good words or customers go ballistic.  Doing a blog and being a writer I have to carefully evaluate what to say.  God calls the Christian to return to him and weigh carefully the words they use because we represent Him. We need our words to be few and correct.  Most of us share things on social media of some sort but are you saying what God wants or is it worthless words.  There are people these days who say their mouth has no filter and that’s a lie because all of us make moment by moment choices about what we will and won’t say and that’s why God calls Jeremiah and us to “return to Him.  So he can restore us.  
Let me give you two examples from real life of how I know you can filter what you say.  Monday I had a call at work and this lady calls an hour into her time frame for her tow and says we’re towing her vehicle to the wrong place.  I verified where it was going a place she had told us to take it.  I call the service provider and they’ve already left the car and won’t go back so I had to set up a second tow.  At any point I could’ve told her it was actually her fault but no I had to reassure her we would get her car to the right place.  
Second example say I’m arguing with my wife at any point in that argument I could say mean harmful things that would hurt and harm her but no I filter what I’m saying because I love her.  You can control the words you use.  

 Psalm 19:14
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight , O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”  

The Westminster shorter catechism says this
 “Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him Forever.”


I want to conclude with these lyrics from 
 God of All of me by Sandi Patty 

“Father take my heart
Hold it in your hand 
Be the God of all of me
Father take my life
Everything I am
Keeper of my soul 
God of all of me.”








No comments:

Post a Comment