Sunday, January 19, 2020

Safe Location

Safe location 

You may look at that title of the blog and be confused.  Doing dispatch for roadside assistance i often ask “Are you and your vehicle in a safe location.”  My week started off with anything but a safe location.  My wife on Sunday had to be taken to to the emergency room.  She had an allergic reaction to a medication and she’s allergic to a lot of things.  It’s not a fun start to your week.  Days at work have been so stressful at least for me.  With hearing aids I walk onto the call floor and they amplify everything around me I’m confronted with literal walls of noise.  Since last week I have been yelled at by old ladies and double amputees and people that are just angry about their situations. We spend almost a full 8 hours just slammed with back to back calls you can’t even think or breathe very often between calls.  I often drive home in silence torn between wanting to hit something or break down crying.  I’ve been stressed out.  I pray before falling asleep and I’m starting to pray between lulls in calls.  I try to bring you the reader hope.  I need hope myself.  I got to thinking about the safe location concept. One of my life verses is Psalm 18:19 

“He brought me forth also into a broad place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”  
See God is that safe location we can run to.

Psalm 46:1-3 
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though it’s waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. “

Later in the chapter we find this.  

46:10 
“Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

We don’t have to be in control in fact as much as we try we never could be.  

Isaiah 26:4
“Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.”

We can turn to God and cast our burdens on him 24/7 365.   Remember that.  Pray and seek Him.  









No comments:

Post a Comment