Sunday, January 5, 2020

New Start

Some of you may have been along for the ride for a while and some are new.  This blog has now gone on for eight years. It’s been known as a Batcave blog because years ago I advertised in a video with a Batgirl figure doing a Bible study at midnight at Denny’s for people who worked nights then over time it went online. Then for a time was called A Weekly Dose of Hope.  This is not a Zac thing nor have I ever wanted it to be.  God deserves the glory for it I don’t want to ever claim that.  We’re starting a new year called 2020 and I want to have a fresh start.  Like you I have stress in my life and frustration but we have chances to do things different.  We serve a God of second chances who invites us to come to Him with all our problems and we’re a mess.  For two days now I keep reading this section in Psalm 43 and I think we need it.  Not sure if you have ever watched the Broken Skull challenge starring Stone Cold Steve Austin but he takes competitors through what is called the Skull Buster obstacle course and at certain points if you fail an obstacle you have what is called a “Restart element”.   The beginning of a new year is your “Restart element “.  I want us to restart the blog this year with a chance to do three things.  1. Draw closer to God.  2. Praise Him more.  3. Find hope in his Word

If you give a little bit of time to this blog I will try to push you in the right direction.  

Psalm 43:3-5

“O send out your light and your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling places.  Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and upon the lyre I shall praise you, O God, my God.
Why are you in despair,  O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him.  The help of my countenance and my God.”

I don’t know where your heart or journey is with God but right here this moment right now it’s your restart element.  Where are you going what are you doing this year?  Are you going to take a chance and seek God?  

“I still feel the pain the darkness of yesterday
The clouds that held no rain
Illusions remain and memories mock the truth
But God can break these chains
This day comes but once I live or I lose remember 

No matter where we’ve been 
No matter what we’ve done
Today can be our once in a lifetime 
For yesterday is gone
Tomorrow may not come
This moment is our once in a lifetime.”








No comments:

Post a Comment